How to Schedule an Email in Outlook (2023 Guide)
The ability to schedule emails is a handy feature. It allows you to control the delivery time of your email and create the most impact when reaching out to an important client. By scheduling your emails, you can ensure that it is received by the recipient at the most appropriate time. It also enables you … The post How to Schedule an Email in Outlook (2023 Guide) appeared first on Ferdja.
The ability to schedule emails is a handy feature. It allows you to control the delivery time of your email and create the most impact when reaching out to an important client. By scheduling your emails, you can ensure that it is received by the recipient at the most appropriate time. It also enables you to compose several emails in advance and schedule them for delivery, increasing your productivity and efficiency. Now, we have already explored how to schedule emails in Gmail in the past. But if you are a Microsoft Outlook user, you too can schedule your emails with ease. That’s exactly what we will learn in this guide.
We have explained how you can schedule emails in Outlook on different platforms — be it your iPhone or Android phone, Mac, Windows PC, or the official website. That said, let’s dive right in!
Schedule Outlook Email on Windows PC
The feature to schedule emails in Outlook is pretty straightforward to use on Windows PCs. This facility is baked within the Outlook app, and you do not need any external plugins or software to achieve this. You can achieve the superpower of scheduled emails on Outlook in just a few clicks. Here’s how:
1. Download and install the Outlook for Windows app for free from the Microsoft Store (visit).
2. Launch the app and sign into your Microsoft Outlook account.
3. Then, click on the “New mail” option available at the left top.
4. Now, compose your email and click on the “downward arrow” beside the Send button to access the “Schedule send” option once you are ready.
5. You will now see the “Schedule send” pop-up window, where you have two preset options. However, if you want to set a custom time for email delivery, click on the “Custom time” option.
6. You can choose the date as well as the time for the email delivery here. Once you are satisfied with your choice, click on “Send”.
7. And it’s done! You have successfully scheduled your email using the Outlook for Windows app. The scheduled emails are accessible from the “Drafts” section. You will find the “Schedule Send” and “This message is scheduled to send on” texts mentioned in your email.
Note: the ‘Schedule Send’ feature on Outlook for Windows works only when you’re online and the Outlook app/web interface is running. If the Outlook app/ web interface is not open or the device is not connected to the internet, the scheduled email will be sent when you are back online and the Outlook app is open.
Schedule an Email in Outlook on Mac
If you are a Mac user, you can schedule emails using the Outlook app with ease. The process to schedule emails in the macOS version of the Outlook app is similar to the Windows version. So, let’s look at how you can schedule emails in Outlook on your Mac.
1. Download and install the Microsoft Outlook for Mac app for free from the App Store (visit).
2. Launch the app and sign into your Microsoft Outlook account. Then, click on “New message” at the top-left of the Outlook app.
3. Compose your email and click on the “downward arrow” beside the “Send” option as shown below.
5. Select the “Schedule Send” option from the drop-down menu.
6. It will open the Schedule Send prompt for you. Select your preferred date and time and click “OK” to schedule the email.
7. And it’s done! You have successfully scheduled your email in Outlook on your Mac. Now, to view the scheduled email, open the “Drafts” section to find the “This message is scheduled to be sent at” prompt in the email.
Schedule Outlook Emails Using the Website
The ability to send emails at a specific time in Outlook is not limited to only the Windows and Mac apps. You can schedule emails using the Outlook website as well. No matter what your preferred choice of web browser is, you will be able to schedule messages in Outlook easily.
For test purposes, we will be using the Chrome browser on a Windows PC. We have also tested this feature in the Safari browser on macOS, and it works as intended. So, let’s learn how you can send an email at a specific time in Outlook on the web.
1. Visit the Microsoft Outlook website and sign into your account.
2. Click on the “New mail” button available below the menu bar.
3. Compose your email and click on the “downward arrow” beside the “Send” button at the bottom of your screen. From the drop-down menu, select “Schedule send.”
4. This will open the “Schedule Send” pop-up window where you will see two preset options. You can click on either to schedule your email or customize the delivery time using the “Custom time” option.
5. In this case, you will be able to customize the date and time of your email. Once done, hit the “Send” button.
6. And that’s it! You successfully used the Outlook website to schedule your email. If you wish to make changes to the email, the “Drafts” section of the Outlook web app will house the scheduled email.
Schedule Email in Outlook on Your iPhone
You just read about the ease with which you can automate sending your emails in Outlook on Windows, Mac, and the web. Now, obviously, we understand that you do not always have access to a laptop or PC. What if you are on your phone? Isn’t there any way to schedule emails in Outlook on Android and iOS? Well, worry not. It is absolutely possible!
You can easily schedule emails in Outlook from your iOS device in a few simple steps. Here is how it works:
1. Download and install the Microsoft Outlook app (Free) from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and sign into your Microsoft Outlook account. Then, press the blue “+” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Now, you can compose your email and format it as per your needs. Once done, tap the “three dots” icon in the formatting bar to access the “Schedule Send” option.
4. In this pop-up window, you can either choose one of the two preset scheduling options or set your own custom time by clicking on the “Choose a Time” option.
7. If you wish to select a custom time and date, do the needful and hit the “Send” button at the top right.
8. And voila! You have successfully scheduled an email using the Outlook iOS app. You can visit the “Drafts” section to view the details of your scheduled email.
Additionally, if you are looking to venture beyond Outlook for iPhone, you should check out the 10 best email apps for iPhone and iPad.
Schedule Emails in Outlook on Android Phone
Unfortunately, the Outlook app for Android does not support the ability to schedule emails natively. However, if you still wish to schedule emails via your Microsoft Outlook email on your Android phone, we have you covered. We have recommended a reliable third-party email client for you called Spark Mail. So, without wasting any time, let’s see how you can schedule emails in Outlook on Android:
1. Download and install the Spark Mail app (Free) from the Play Store. Then, launch the app and sign into your Outlook account.
2. Once you are in the inbox window, tap on the “pencil icon” at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Here, compose the email. After you are done, you will notice a send icon with a clock dial at the bottom of your screen. Tap on it.
4. This will open the “Send Later” prompt. You can either choose one of the preset options or click on “Pick date” to set a custom time for email delivery.
5. You can now change both the date and time from the calendar and the clock. Once done, click on “Ok.”
7. Now, you are done composing your email and choosing the time and date on which it should be delivered. To send it to a recipient, click on the “Schedule send” icon at the top-right corner.
8. To view the automated Outlook email, you can navigate to the Spark Mail outbox.
I know it is a bummer that the official Outlook app doesn’t allow Android users to natively schedule emails. However, you can rest assured that Spark Mail will get the job done for you. The app is free and easy to use. Spark Mail will meet all your Outlook email scheduling needs on your Android phone. Additionally, you can supercharge your Microsoft Outlook app with add-ins and take your emailing prowess to the next level!
Edit or Delete Scheduled Emails in Outlook
I am sure you are now familiar with email scheduling in Outlook. However, it might happen that you schedule an email, but later on, you realize you need to change the delivery date, or maybe, discard that email entirely. So how do you do that? Is it even possible? If you have these same questions, rest assured. We have you covered!
It is possible to edit as well as delete scheduled Outlook emails. Continue reading below to know how you can edit and/or delete all your scheduled emails in Outlook:
You can both reschedule and delete your scheduled emails in Outlook on Windows. While it is relatively simple to delete scheduled emails, it is a lengthy process to reschedule emails. You will need to follow the same steps as you originally did to schedule your email. Let’s take a look at how you can delete and reschedule your scheduled emails in Outlook on Windows.
1. First, open the “Drafts” section in Outlook to delete the scheduled email. Select the email by clicking on the checkbox to get the delete icon. Once you click on the “trash” icon, it will delete your scheduled email permanently.
2. To reschedule the email, click on the email to open it. Then, click the “pencil” icon at the far right corner.
3. It will open a context menu. From that menu, select “Modify Email” and then you will have to follow the above-mentioned steps used to schedule your email.
2. On Mac
If you are on Mac, I have bad news for you. While it is possible to delete scheduled emails in Outlook, there is no way you can reschedule the scheduled email. And this is the same for the Outlook web app as well. So, let’s say you want to reschedule an email. The only way for you to do it is to recompose your email from scratch and delete the previously scheduled email. I know this is a hassle, but, it is the only solution for now. So, let me guide you through the scheduled email deletion procedure.
1. First, open the “Drafts” section in the Outlook app to delete your scheduled email.
2. Click on the scheduled email to expand it. Next, select the “Cancel Sending” option to permanently delete the scheduled email.
3. Press “Yes” to confirm your choice.
3. On iPhone
While it is relatively easy to delete scheduled emails on your iOS device, it is a lengthy process to reschedule a scheduled email. You need to follow the same steps as you originally did to schedule an email. That said, let’s look at how you can delete and reschedule scheduled emails in Outlook on your iPhone.
1. Open the “Drafts” section on the Outlook app to delete a scheduled email.
2. You can easily delete your scheduled email by tapping on the “Cancel” option, as depicted below.
3. You can reschedule your scheduled email by the “Edit” option. However, do remember that after editing the email, you need to follow the tutorial we explained above.
And there you have it! You have successfully learned how to delete or reschedule scheduled emails using the Outlook app on your iPhone.
4. On Android
As we already mentioned, the Outlook for Android app does not support the email scheduling feature natively. You will need a third-party app to schedule emails in Outlook. I used Spark Mail for the same. So, to edit and delete scheduled emails, I will use Spark Mail again. Let me show you how it’s done.
1. If you have a scheduled email, open the “Outbox” section in Spark Mail to edit and reschedule it.
2. Click on the email to expand it. You will notice your original schedule time mentioned at the top.
3. Tap on it to open the“Send Later” window. Here, you can select a new custom time from the “Change time” option and reschedule the email in your Outlook account.
4. If you are looking to delete a scheduled email, long press on the email to access the “send now” and “delete” options. Tap the delete icon and then tap on “Yes” to delete a scheduled email.
That wraps up our guide on how to schedule emails in Outlook on your Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android devices. I hope you found this guide useful and will constantly use this feature to schedule messages in Outlook to stay on top of your productivity. Using the scheduling feature in Outlook, you can communicate effectively across different time zones. So, start scheduling your emails in Outlook today! And if you have any doubts, do let us know in the comment section.
Schedule Outlook Email FAQs
Yes, popular email services like Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, and Proton Mail offer you the email scheduling facility natively. You will generally find the option to schedule emails in the send section.
Unfortunately, no. Scheduled emails are only sent when Outlook for Windows app is still open. So, as long as the app is running, the recipient will receive the scheduled email. Hence, you need to pick a time when your system and Outlook will be up and running. The feature works flawlessly on iPhone, Mac, and web apps, and the scheduled emails are sent even when the app is not running actively in the background.
Scheduling emails is a great way to stay productive and methodically approach your emailing game. The ability to schedule emails is important since it will allow you to bulk-compose your emails and then schedule each of them to be sent at specific timeframes.
To check the status of your scheduled Outlook emails, simply head over to the drafts section. All the scheduled emails will stay there till it is time for them to be delivered.
If your preferred email service provider does not natively offer the facility to schedule emails, you can try out third-party apps such as Spark Mail and SalesHandy.
The post How to Schedule an Email in Outlook (2023 Guide) appeared first on Ferdja.