How to Record the Screen in Ubuntu (3 Easy Methods)
When you just lately moved to Ubuntu Linux and are searching for the simplest technique to file the display screen, effectively, this information is for you. We’ve got added detailed directions on display screen file in Ubuntu. You don’t even want to make use of any third-party apps anymore because the Gnome Desktop Shell comes … The post How to Record the Screen in Ubuntu (3 Easy Methods) appeared first on Ferdja.
When you just lately moved to Ubuntu Linux and are searching for the simplest technique to file the display screen, effectively, this information is for you. We’ve got added detailed directions on display screen file in Ubuntu. You don’t even want to make use of any third-party apps anymore because the Gnome Desktop Shell comes with a local display screen recorder. Together with that, we now have included well-liked apps like SimpleScreenRecorder and OBS Studio in case you need extra choices to file the display screen.
On this information, we now have added 3 ways to file the display screen in Ubuntu in 2023. Whereas the built-in display screen recorder will suffice the wants of most customers, you may go for third-party apps if you would like extra options.
No headings discovered. Save or replace publish first.
File the Display in Ubuntu Utilizing a Keyboard Shortcut
You not want to put in third-party software program to file the display screen on Ubuntu (and different Linux distros). It comes with a built-in display screen recorder, which is a part of the Gnome Shell. With a hotkey, identical to on Home windows, Chrome OS, and macOS, you can begin display screen recording on Ubuntu straight away.
One of the best half right here is that it helps display screen recording for all three preferences – full-screen, window, and customized partial space. The one con we discovered is that it doesn’t help audio recording (inside or microphone), and the display screen recording will get saved in WEBM format. Having mentioned that, let’s go forward and learn to file the display screen in Ubuntu.
1. Merely use the “Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R” keyboard shortcut in Ubuntu, and a screen-recording pop-up window will seem on the display screen. Now, transfer to the video tab on the backside and select your choice, whether or not you wish to file the total display screen, a specific window, or a partial space.
2. After that, click on on the crimson “File” button, and it’ll begin recording the display screen in Ubuntu.
3. To cease the display screen recording, click on on the crimson button within the system tray on the top-right nook. And you might be completed.
4. The display screen recording shall be saved beneath
File the Display With Audio in Ubuntu (Third-Get together App)
If you’re searching for a complicated software program to file the display screen on Ubuntu, I counsel downloading SimpleScreenRecorder. It comes with a plethora of options, together with audio recording, body fee choice, bitrate customization, cursor recording, space choice, and extra.
SimpleScreenRecorder additionally helps a wide array of media codecs like MP4, MKV, WEBM, and way more. The one downside is that you simply would possibly face points if you’re utilizing the Wayland show server. However for the huge variety of customers who’re nonetheless on X11/ Xorg, it really works flawlessly. Right here is use SimpleScreenRecorder to file the display screen in Ubuntu.
1. Fireplace up the Terminal and run the beneath command. Then, enter the password and press “y” when prompted. This can set up SimpleScreenRecorder in Ubuntu inside seconds.
sudo apt set up simplescreenrecorder
2. Now, open SimpleScreenRecorder from the app launcher. Right here, select the recording space – be it the whole display screen, a hard and fast space, or an lively window. You too can customise different settings, together with the body fee, file cursor, and audio enter.
3. Click on on “Proceed“, and you should have the choice to pick the media format, listing to avoid wasting the display screen recording, audio/ video codec, and extra on the following web page.
4. On the following web page, click on “Begin recording” on the prime, and it’ll begin capturing the display screen straight away.
5. You will see that the progress bar within the system tray on the top-right nook. You’ll be able to open it with a click on anytime and select the “Save recording” possibility if you end up completed.
6. The display screen recording shall be saved beneath
File the Display With Webcam Utilizing OBS Studio
Thought to be probably the greatest display screen recording software program, OBS Studio, is mostly beneficial for extra superior customers. However if you want for extra options like webcam help and Wayland compatibility, you must actually try OBS Studio. Listed below are the steps to file the display screen in Ubuntu with OBS Studio.
Observe: OBS Studio was extraordinarily buggy on my Ubuntu setup working on a Wayland show server. It was freezing the entire pc. We advocate switching to Xorg if you wish to file the display screen in Ubuntu with none points.
1. Open the Terminal and run the beneath instructions one after the other to set up OBS Studio in Ubuntu.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio sudo apt replace sudo apt set up obs-studio
2. As soon as put in, open OBS Studio and select “Optimize only for recording” throughout the preliminary setup. Subsequent, click on on the “+” icon beneath “Sources” and choose “Display Seize (PipeWire)“. You too can choose “Window Seize (PipeWire)” for partial and window choice.
3. Including the Display Seize supply will present the entire display screen within the preview part inside OBS Studio.
4. So as to add a webcam, click on on “+” beneath “Sources” once more and select “Video Seize System“. You too can add “Audio Enter Seize (PulseAudio)” to seize the sound utilizing an exterior microphone.
5. Lastly, click on on “Begin Recording“, and the display screen shall be recorded with a webcam view and audio. Straightforward, proper?
6. To cease the recording, click on on the OBS Studio icon within the system tray on Ubuntu and select “Cease”. The display screen recording shall be saved beneath
Seize the Display in Ubuntu in 3 Straightforward Methods
So these are the three strategies to file the display screen in Ubuntu Linux. Amongst all of the options, I just like the built-in display screen recorder because it’s straightforward to make use of and works like a appeal, even on a Wayland show server. However if you wish to create tutorial movies and file your audio together with the display screen in Ubuntu, use the opposite two strategies. Furthermore, if you wish to study the most effective Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts, head to the article we now have linked right here. And to run Android apps in Ubuntu with out an emulator, observe our detailed information. Lastly, if in case you have any questions, tell us within the remark part beneath.
The post How to Record the Screen in Ubuntu (3 Easy Methods) appeared first on Ferdja.