6 Ways to Delete ‘Other’ Files on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Phones Running MIUI
Of late, MIUI customers have been complaining about “Different” recordsdata taking over an enormous quantity of house on their Xiaomi and Redmi units. Some customers report that it has devoured nearly 30GB of space for storing, and there’s no straightforward approach to establish and delete these recordsdata. Properly, to resolve the issue, we have now … The post 6 Ways to Delete ‘Other’ Files on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Phones Running MIUI appeared first on Ferdja.
Of late, MIUI customers have been complaining about “Different” recordsdata taking over an enormous quantity of house on their Xiaomi and Redmi units. Some customers report that it has devoured nearly 30GB of space for storing, and there’s no straightforward approach to establish and delete these recordsdata. Properly, to resolve the issue, we have now provide you with an in depth information on how one can delete Different recordsdata on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO telephones working MIUI. We have now included a number of strategies to take away junk, cache, and momentary recordsdata out of your smartphone. On that observe, let’s discover ways to delete Different recordsdata on MIUI.
Delete Different Information on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Telephones (2023)
On this tutorial, we have now added 6 methods to delete Different recordsdata on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO telephones. For MIUI customers, this information will show you how to reclaim treasured space for storing in your gadget. Develop the desk under and get began with the method.
What are Different Information on MIUI?
Different Information on MIUI are a group of momentary and cache recordsdata utilized by apps and the system (OS). Information which have been discarded additionally represent Different recordsdata on Xiaomi’s MIUI. Mainly, if you use an app, say Telegram, it shops cache recordsdata for all the info you’ve got despatched or obtained. It’s counted as Different recordsdata on MIUI.
Other than that, apps commonly retailer momentary and cache recordsdata within the background for clean and fast functioning in order that they don’t must fetch common content material on a regular basis. Over time, these cache recordsdata pile up and take up gigs of space for storing in your gadget. So it’s essential to delete Different recordsdata on MIUI now and again. And to begin the method, let’s start with Telegram.
1. Delete Telegram Cache
Most customers are unaware that Telegram shops a ton of information regionally in MIUI. It nearly takes as much as 10GB to 20GB of information, relying in your app utilization, which ends up in ‘Different’ recordsdata ballooning to gigs of reminiscence. Take into account, the cache measurement on Telegram’s App Information web page doesn’t precisely detect momentary recordsdata and exhibits low storage used.
Telegram has a built-in setting that exhibits the full storage utilized by these recordsdata and in addition gives a simple approach to take away momentary recordsdata. So when you use the Telegram app in your MIUI-powered cellphone, observe our information to delete the Different recordsdata instantly.
1. First, open the Telegram app and transfer to the hamburger menu within the top-left nook. Right here, faucet on “Settings“.
2. Now, transfer to “Information and Storage“. After that, faucet on “Storage Utilization” on the prime.
3. Right here, you can see the cache storage taken up by Telegram. Now, merely faucet on “Clear Cache,” and you’re carried out. This may significantly unlock the house taken by “Different” recordsdata in MIUI.
4. I’d additionally recommend altering a key Telegram setting so it doesn’t robotically obtain media recordsdata within the background. Underneath “Information and Storage,” be sure that to disable all three toggles underneath “Computerized media obtain“. This may cease Telegram from robotically downloading photographs, movies, and recordsdata.
2. Clear Gallery Trash Bin
Everytime you delete a photograph or video out of your Xiaomi cellphone, it goes to the “Trash” folder hidden within the native Gallery app. The media stays within the Trash folder for 30 days after which it’s completely eliminated. In case you wish to take away all of the deleted recordsdata immediately and scale back the storage taken by Different recordsdata in MIUI, observe the under steps.
1. Open the Gallery app and transfer to the “Albums” part. Right here, scroll right down to the underside and open “Trash bin“.
2. You will see all of your deleted photographs and movies right here. Undergo the recordsdata and be sure you don’t want any of the recordsdata, and easily faucet on “Clear trash“. That’s it.
3. Your regionally deleted photographs may additionally be obtainable within the cloud if you’re signed in with a Xiaomi account in your cellphone. Whereas deleted photographs on the cloud don’t eat any native storage in your cellphone, you’ll be able to select to totally take away them from the cloud as nicely. Go to in.i.mi.com/gallery/h5, log in along with your Xiaomi account and take away the deleted recordsdata.
Word: Xiaomi not syncs Gallery recordsdata to the cloud. All of your cloud recordsdata will likely be completely deleted after 30/04/2023. So take a backup earlier than the service is terminated.
3. Examine the Android Folder and Delete Giant Information
The Android folder shops lots of the cache and momentary recordsdata utilized by apps. You may analyze the recordsdata utilizing a file supervisor and take away them to unlock storage in MIUI. Right here is how one can do it.
1. I’d suggest putting in Strong Explorer (Free, provides in-app purchases) because it’s top-of-the-line file managers for Android telephones.
2. Subsequent, open Strong Explorer and transfer to the “Android” folder. Then, open the “knowledge” folder.
3. Now, faucet on the 3-dot menu within the top-right nook and select “Properties“. It would take a while to compute the storage used.
4. Right here, scroll to the fitting, and you can see a “High 20” part. Underneath this part, you can see the 20 largest recordsdata that may be discarded with none situation. Choose all of them and delete the recordsdata completely.
5. Subsequent, transfer to “Content material,” and you can see the highest app folders taking over house. Open particular person folders, go to the “cache” part and delete the pointless recordsdata. You can even go to the “recordsdata” and delete the momentary recordsdata.
4. Take away Different Information Utilizing Storage Analyzer and Disk Utilization App
Along with Strong Explorer, an app known as Storage Analyzer and Disk Utilization is a unbelievable resolution that permits you to entry and delete the ‘Different’ recordsdata on MIUI straight. You may readily discover junk recordsdata and delete them swiftly. Listed here are the steps to observe.
1. Go forward and set up Storage Analyzer and Disk Utilization app (Free) in your Xiaomi cellphone.
2. Subsequent, open it and grant all of the permissions. After that, transfer to “File Classes” within the top-left menu. Right here, you can see the “Others” part. Open it.
3. Subsequent, you can see lots of giant recordsdata right here. Go forward and delete the recordsdata you don’t want. You may delete “exo” recordsdata, that are utilized by YouTube/ YouTube Music to retailer offline songs and movies. The ‘temp’ recordsdata could be fully eliminated. Ensure to not contact ‘obb’, ‘0’ zero, and ‘.’ (dot recordsdata), as they’re essential for the system.
4. Examine additional and take away giant movies, pictures, audio, and so on. out of your MIUI-running cellphone.
5. Delete MIUI Native Backup
Additional, MIUI has a “Again up and restore” characteristic that permits customers to create an area backup of the entire gadget. If a person has enabled the characteristic, it accumulates lots of house over time, and the storage consumed by Different recordsdata retains on rising in MIUI telephones. So to delete the native backup, observe the under steps.
1. Open Strong Explorer or the native file supervisor in your Xiaomi cellphone. Subsequent, open the “MIUI” folder and transfer to “backup”.
2. Right here, faucet on “AllBackup” to open it. Now, completely delete the native backup folder.
Please observe that by deleting the backup, you’ll not lose any of the recordsdata or photographs saved in your gadget as it’s merely a backup of your inside storage.
6. Clear App Information on MIUI
Lastly, we’ll delete the app knowledge of apps which might be consuming giant storage in your Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO cellphone to scale back Different” recordsdata storage in MIUI. Right here’s how this technique works:
1. Open Settings and transfer to “Apps”. Right here, faucet on “Handle apps“.
2. Subsequent, faucet on the “Kind by …” menu and select “Used storage“. It would show apps with the very best knowledge storage on the highest.
3. Open the app and faucet on “Clear knowledge” on the backside. After that, select “Clear all knowledge” for apps you don’t use commonly and have taken up an enormous quantity of house. As for the apps you utilize often like WhatsApp and YouTube, clear the “cache” solely.
4. Lastly, repeat this course of for different apps on the record, and it will delete “Different” recordsdata on MIUI and scale back the space for storing it takes.
Steadily Requested Questions
Q. How can I delete Different recordsdata in MIUI 12?
To delete Different recordsdata in MIUI 12, you must clear the cache of a number of apps, notably Telegram, when you commonly use it. As well as, you’ll be able to completely delete the discarded gadgets and examine the Android folder to search out many pointless recordsdata. You may observe our information and discover ways to delete Different recordsdata in MIUI 12.
Q. Is it secure to delete Other recordsdata in MIUI 12?
Sure, it’s secure to delete Different recordsdata in MIUI 12. Nevertheless, for just a few issues, you must be a bit cautious. Don’t delete Crypt15, “0” or “.” recordsdata. These are required by the system for a hassle-free expertise.
Q. What’s ‘Different’ in storage on MIUI?
Different recordsdata within the storage on MIUI are momentary and cached recordsdata utilized by third-party apps, system apps, and the OS as nicely. Most of those recordsdata could be discarded to unlock storage on MIUI.
Free Up Storage on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Telephones
So these are the steps you must observe to delete Different recordsdata on MIUI. When you have a low-storage smartphone, it’s extremely really helpful to maintain ample free house for the sleek functioning of the cellphone. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you wish to get well deleted photographs in your Android cellphone, head over to our information for an in-depth tutorial. And to disable adverts, bloatware, and push notifications on MIUI, we have now a superb information prepared for you. Lastly, in case you have any questions, tell us within the remark part under.
The post 6 Ways to Delete ‘Other’ Files on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Phones Running MIUI appeared first on Ferdja.